Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Welcome to I Can Drive 55

I was in a car accident a couple of months ago. It was my fault. I was driving a bit too fast. No one was hurt, but my car was totaled. I now have a new car, and I am trying to drive the speed limit. I am not overly strict about this. In fact, most of the time you will see me driving one or two miles per hour over the speed limit, and I am doing my best to stick to that.

This is challenging when I am in a hurry and when I am on a road with one lane in each direction (which happens to be most of my ride to and from work) and the traffic starts to back up behind me.

My goal is not to annoy anyone so if there are multiple lanes, I avoid the left lane. However, I am finding many people are still annoyed.

I was never a super-fast driver, probably about average. Now, I am learning that I can drive 55...and 45 and 35 and even 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment