Monday, December 14, 2009

Bad Signage

This morning I was going to a meeting, not straight to my office. The meeting was at a location I have gone to many times (my office used to be there), but I haven't gone this particular way to this particular location n the last couple of months--i.e. since I started driving the speed limit. But this morning I wasn't annoyed at the other drivers; I was annoyed at the signs. As soon as I turned off my normal route, I looked for the speed limit sign, and I couldn't find one. Now, I'm driving down a road, and I don't know how fast I should go. I don't want to go too fast, but I also don't want to go too slow. It's bad enough that I annoy people when I drive the speed limit; I don't want to really annoy people by driving 5 m.p.h under the speed limit. I drove 35 (my best guess for the speed limit) until I hit a sign that said 30. I slowed down only to get the sinking feeling that I was doubly annoying the people behind me because they felt duped by my earlier faster speed.

1 comment:

  1. Drove on the same part of the road where you had your accident and someone passed me because I was driving the speedlimit. I just smiled and waved and thought, my husband is alive!

    ReplyDelete