This is part of the reason I write this blog. I can blow off a little steam and also temper my thoughts so I don't become psychopathically fanatical. I keep reminding myself:
- I used to drive like they did.
- They have important places to go, and I'm slowing them down.
- Some of those places are very, very important, and if I were in their shoes (late for a job interview, trying to be on time for my kid's birthday party, rushing to the hospital to see a dying relative, etc.), I would be just as annoyed at the slow-poke in front of me.
- It's easy to be distracted and not realize how close you are getting to the car in front of you.
- Driving 25 m.p.h. in a 25 zone feels totally unnatural and takes a lot of practice.
- Driving 25 m.p.h. (or even 30) feels really really slow even when it is the speed limit.