Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Major Breakthrough

I remember back when I was a baby, and my mother ... No, no, no. This might qualify as a psychological breakthrough, but it has nothing to do with my childhood. I was driving by the scene of my accident with a car so close behind me that I couldn't even see its front bumper and hood in my rear-view mirror. Normally, I feel conflicted about driving slowly. I wonder whether, perhaps, I shouldn't go a little faster to give the guy behind me a break. This morning I didn't feel conflicted at all. I didn't get to the point where I wanted to slow down even more (to go below the speed limit) so I don't think I was angry. I think I was just at peace with the fact that I was going the speed limit (30, in this case), and that was fine, and I didn't care about the car behind me. I don't know if this is good or bad (perhaps, it would be better to always feel conflicted about going the speed limit when the cars behind me want to go faster; perhaps, not), but it is definitely a breakthrough of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment