Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Snow Day

I made it out yesterday to run a couple of errands (before Snowlapalooza / Snowpocalypse / Snowmageddon / Snownami / Snowricane Part II. Nothing is moving today. Yesterday, I noticed some smarter road work. In the past, I have noticed many streets were relatively clear, but the intersections were big blocks of ice. This is really dangerous because you can drive along normally for a while, but you can't stop when you need to most. Yesterday, I noticed the opposite. Many of the back roads were sheets of ice, but the intersections were perfectly clear. This kept everyone's speeds down and meant that by the time you got to the intersection, you could stop easily.

I also noticed that drivers were careful, cautious, and polite. On roads that were barely wide enough to let two cars pass each other, cars were pulling over to let the oncoming car go by. I can't say it was a pleasure to drive on icy, snowy, and slushy roads, but I can say that it was nice to see how everyone was driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment