Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Texting While Driving on My Tail

I was driving along at 30 m.p.h., and a black Honda SUV came up behind me pretty close. I have been tailgated more closely, so it wasn't anything unusual. When we pulled up to a red light, I looked back in my rear-view mirror to try to see if she was on her cell phone. I was pleased to see that she wasn't. Well, at least she didn't have anything up against her ear. Then I noticed that she had the cell phone in her hand next to the steering wheel, and she was texting. Once the light changed, I couldn't tell for sure if she continued to text, but I did notice her glancing down at the cell phone regularly. Then, to top it off, after the light, she started to show all the signs of being really impatient. She put her hand up (in an exasperated, not obscene, gesture) and even went over to the shoulder like she was going to pass, but I don't think it was really wide enough. Maybe she got an urgent text at the light and was more anxious about getting to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment