Thursday, March 11, 2010

Driving Alone

For half of my longest 30 m.p.h. stretch, I was all alone. I couldn't see any cars in front of me or behind me. You would think that this would be relaxing, but I kept thinking that either I could drive really slowly, or I should drive a little faster to make sure that no one caught up with me. I did just keep the same pace, but I was worried the whole time that someone would catch up and "ruin" my beautiful "stress-free" private drive. I got all the way to the traffic light (about mid-way through this road) and no one caught up to me. At the traffic light, cars came in behind me, and it wasn't until then that I realized how relaxed I had been. It wasn't even that the car behind me was tailgating, but I was collect a bit of a line of cars, and I was much tenser. I realized that even though I can't completely relax with no one behind me, it is much better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment