Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm in a hurry

The past few days I've noticed that I've been in a hurry when driving. I always seem to be late to where I'm going. The temptation is there for me to drive faster in those occasions (and I can't say that I have never succumbed to the temptation). But this got me thinking. I'm not really sure if driving close to the speed limit under normal circumstances is really much safer. It's got to be a little safer, but I find it hard to believe that it is much safer to go 32 rather than 37 (or even 40) in most of the 30 zones, especially since almost everyone else is doing it.

However, it is clear to me that no matter how fast I go, it is much safer to not be in a hurry. I still plan to continue my close-to-speed-limit driving in normal circumstances, but I have to redouble my efforts to not rush. That might involve leaving earlier or just trying not to worry that I'm a bit late and give in to the fact that once I'm in the car, it will take as long as it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment