Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Serial Tailgaters

Last week I was driving on the highway, and I noticed a common phenomenon: serial tailgaters. I have come to expect a little tailgating (less on the highway than the back roads because no one wants to go 30), but I realized it's not just me. At least a couple of times, I would be driving along in the right lane going the speed limit, and a car would pull up right behind me. The traffic in the other lanes would be moving along at a much faster pace (probably 5-10 m.p.h. more in the middle lane and another 5-10 more in the left lane). After about 30 seconds, the tailgater behind me would make his way over into the next lane...and sit right on the tail of someone going 5-10 m.p.h. faster. Then, after another 30 seconds, the tailgater would make his way to the left lane and sit right on the tail of someone going another 5-10 m.p.h. faster.

I don't like it, but I can understand someone tailgating a slow-poke like me (although it's pretty rude when I'm in the right lane and not below the speed limit), but on more than one occasion I've seen these serial tailgaters simply tailgating whoever is in front of them even if they're going more than 70 in a 50 zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment